UPSC announced its official notification to held Civil Service Exam (IAS) 2016 on 7th August 2016. The notification will officially published on
23rd April, 2016 (Delayed ). Update on 27th April, 2016 (Notification Issued). The last date to apply for the UPSC Civil Service Exam is 27th May, 2016. The exam will be held on 7th Aug, 2016.
Go to direct if you want to know more about latest notification issued on 27th April, 2016: Examination Notice No. 08/2016-CSP : Date 27th April, 2016: Download Recruitment Official Notification and more Information about notification
The following article is explain about syllabus, exam pattern, selection procedure and more.
Civil services IAS exam the dream job for today, generation is one of the toughest exam being conducted by UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE commission). Everyone craves for getting this the most prestigious and high stature job like anything. It earns a great respect for the every single qualifier as this service is really a back bone for India with a extreme responsibility to be carried with it.
It can be seen that in-spite of having such big corporate industries a major population fills posts through various streams to be a part of it however the ratio is very small to be get selected. And those who got selected hold key positions in Union government, State government and public sector undertakings.
The up most method to clear this exam is to stay motivated the most. Even a single moment to be disconnected from your goal may become a big barrier before your dream. You need to keep update the files of your brain through all the processes of IAS. We here only talk about the UPSC civil service exam 2016 like syllabus, exam pattern, papers, notifications, dates, how to apply, number of attempts, eligibility criteria and other important things about the exam.
UPSC IAS 2016 Exam Pattern
To start with according to the revised syllabus pattern IAS is now going to test the aspirant’s intellectual ability with the exam set-up of 9 papers and all of them are of descriptive type. The exam is conducted by UPSC having two successive stages.
- Preliminary Examination: The preliminary examination is conducted to select candidates for final examination by putting objective type questions. This exam will consist two questions papers maximum of 200 marks each. All the questions will be of objective questions. The duration of the preliminary exam will be of 2 hours. But the blind candidates will have extra 20 minutes for each paper.
- Final Examination/Main Examination: The main examination will consist of two papers. Paper A: The paper A will contain on the language test selected by the candidates carrying 300 maximum marks.The paper I will be of two sections. The main examination consists of written test and interview to select candidates in the services and posts as mentioned below.
UPSC Civil Service Exam 2016 Exam Dates
All these phases of exams are grouped in three sets 1st :- is prelims will conduct on 7th Aug, 2016 mains will conduct on 3rd Dec, 2016.
No. of Attempts
These are only 6 even if you fails in prelims you are considered to be have lost a chance. For OBC candidates there are 9 attempts but for SC/ST candidates no bar to attempt.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Service Exam
a) Age: Upper limit of age is 30 for general candidates as on 1 August of that year and 35 for ST/SC candidates.
b) Qualification: The minimum qualification is a graduation degree from any recognized university.
- Candidates having a degree of M.B.B.S but have not completed internship can also apply for the Civil Service Exam.
- Candidates who have appeared for the examination which is approved by the commission as it is eligible exam for the preliminary exam application can also apply even the result has not been declared yet.
Percentage of Selection
Every year about 550,000 candidates share their seat at exam but approximate 850 are selected for personality interview out of which only 80 comes out as shining stars.
UPSC Civil Service Exam Syllabus 2016
The Preliminary stage of UPSC Civil Service Exam is going to be held on 7th August, 2016. It is mandatory for all candidates to pass this level before appearing for the Main Examination. The Preliminary stage will test the candidates on two varied sections, namely, General Studies and Aptitude.
- Paper I- General Studies, a 2-hour paper with 100 questions carrying maximum marks of 200.
- Paper II- Aptitude, a 2-hour paper with 80 questions carrying maximum marks of 200.
The candidate would be required to appear for both these papers on 23rd August, 2015. Following is the syllabus which has to be taken care of:
Syllabus for General Studies: The first paper which the students will be required to sit for is the General Studies paper. This paper will consist of 100 questions with a maximum obtainable marks of 200. The time limit for this paper is 120 minutes/ 2 hours. In this time, a candidate will try and answer as many questions as possible with a view to get maximum number of correct answers. Paper I will test the students in the following areas:
- Current Events based on National and International affairs
- Indian History, including Indian National Movement
- Civics- The structure of Indian Constitution, Political system, Panchayat, Right Issue, Public Policy, etc.
- Economics- Poverty, Social Development
- Environmental Studies- Cover areas such as meaning of biodiversity, how Sustainable development works, etc.
- General Science
Syllabus for Aptitude: After completing the first paper, a 60-minute is given to the students. Following the break, candidates will sit down for Paper II, which will test the aptitude of the students. Like the first paper, this paper will also come with a time limit of 120 minutes/ 2 hours and will carry a maximum mark of 200. However, the number of questions in this section is just 80. Nevertheless, the syllabus for this section is huge. The students will be required to focus on:
- Logical Reasoning
- Number System- relation between numbers, data sufficiency, etc.
- Data Interpretation
- Decision Making problems
- Communication Skills
- English Comprehension
Given the syllabus, it is important for every student to know that there are certain guidelines which are required to be followed during the exam. First of all, a candidate should know that the English Comprehension section will not be translated into Hindi or any other language. The comprehension level will be similar to the ones which is given in Class X. Secondly, the exam is of multiple choice type. Only one option needs to be selected from the given set of options. And thirdly, every student is required to appear in both the papers. Omitting a paper will result in disqualification of a candidate.
Every year there are millions of people who appear for this examination. However, only the best make it to the desired post. It is the determination that matters along with a never ending thirst to fulfil your dreams. The UPSC Civil Service Exam 2016 is yet another chance to make your dream come true. Go ahead and chase your dreams! Best of Luck.
How to Apply for UPSC IAS Exam 2016
The procedure to fill application is very simple and common. The application form can be submit only by through online procedure. The procedure to apply online is given below step by step.
- Go to the main website of UPSC i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Find here the link “Online application for various examination by UPSC”.
- Go to the link and find the examination name for which you are going to apply.
- Here you will find only the open examinations link. Suppose if the last date of the particular examination has expired. The link will be disabled.
- There is two parts for registration as a candidate. You have to register first as a part I registration.
- After that a transaction ID will be generated and you are eligible for the 2nd registration.
- Now the next step to deposit application fee through SBI Challan or SBI net banking or with any debit or credit card.
UPSC Civil Service Examination 2016 Notifications
You can also visit our UPSC Notifications 2016 page to know all the jobs, vacancies and recruitment projects 2016 by UPSC.
We will update you on 23rd April, 2016 for downloading official notification announced by UPSC.
|Govt Jobs by State|
|UP Govt Jobs||Haryana||Uttarakhand|
|HP Jobs||Arunachal Pradesh||J&K|
|MP Govt Jobs||Chandigarh||Maharashtra|
|Govt Jobs by Department|
|Bank||Post Office||Police Defence|
|Govt Jobs by Qualification|