Staff selection commission (SSC) conducts “SSC Stenographer Exam” every year for the recruitment of Stenographer under Grade C & Grade D. Interested and eligible candidates have to follow the pre requisite format in order to get selected for the post. This year the exam is going to held on 31st July, 2016.
The notification has already issued in this regard. The registration starts from 7th May, 2016 and close on 3rd June, 2016 (upto 5.00 P.M.).
Get complete information about latest notification from here.
We are giving here the important information related to SSC Steno Exam like eligibility criteria, dates, online application form, selection procedure, application procedure, notifications, references and more.
SSC Steno Exam 2015 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be cleared by the candidates as prescribed by SSC.
- Age Limit (As on 1st Aug, 2016) (as per latest notification): The candidates have to be between the ages of 18 to 27 years, however age relaxation can be allowed as per the Govt. Instructions.The candidates born not before 02-08-1989 and note later than 01-08-1998. Relaxation in age is provided to the reserved category and it will be applicable as per the rule i.e. 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for the OBC Category and 10 years for PH OBC applicants and a maximum of 15 years for PH SC / ST applicants.
- Qualification (As on 1st Aug, 2016): Moreover the contender should be 12th standard pass or hold a degree from any open university or from Distance Education Mode and the same needs to be recognized by the Distance Education Council like IGNOU.
SSC Stenographer Exam 2015 Vacancies
- Stenographer Grade C in SSC are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government which are mostly located in Delhi.
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ are grouped into two parts, which are as follows:
- Group X is for the Ministries/Departments of Central Government which will be located mostly in Delhi.
- Group Y will be for Offices/Departments of the Central Government including Attached or Subordinate Offices located in the States and Union Territories of the country.
SSC Stenographer Exam Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for the post is done on the basis of skill test and written examination of the candidates.
Written Examination: In order to clear the written exam the candidates have to go through the following papers.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning -50 Questions – 50 Marks
- English language – 50 Questions – 50 Marks
- Comprehension and General Awareness – 100 Questions – 100 Marks
This exam will be taking place for a duration of 2 hours for the General candidates, starting from 10:00 AM till 12:00 pm and for visually handicapped candidates the time will be extended by 40 minutes i.e., 2 hr and 40 minutes, starting from 10:00 AM till 12:40 pm.
The timing of exam may be changed from 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM as per the decision taken by SSC.
Application Form & Application Fees
The candidates must submit their application form online from here.
The application will be entertained with the payment of Rs 100. The applicant should pay the same only through the Central Recruitment Fee Stamps ( CRFS ) or they can pay the fees either by SBI Challan or SBI Net Banking. The SC/ST Category and the women candidates will be exempted from paying the same fee.
SSC Stenographer Exam Important Dates
|7th May, 2016 to 3rd June, 2016||Starting & Closing Date of Online Application Form|
|3rd June, 2016||Last Date to Apply for SSC Stenographer Vacancies|
|June 2016||Starting Date to Download Admit Card|
|31st July, 2016||Written Exam Date (SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’|
|2nd week of September 2016||Result Announcement|
Here is the official notification for SSC Stenographer, Grade C & Grade D Exam 2016. So please subscribe your email ID for instant alert. The candidates can ask any queries related to SSC Stenographer Exam 2016 via comment form given below.
SSC Stenographer Exam Important Pages
- 7 Preparation Tips for SSC Stenographer Exam 2016
- SSC Stenographer Exam Cut Off 2016 – Previous & Expected
- SSC Stenographer Exam Answer Key 2016 – Download Procedure
- SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2016 – Download Procedure
- SSC Stenographer Application Form 2016 – Apply Online or Offline
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2016 – Latest UpToDate
- SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2016 – Check Complete Detail
- SSC Stenographer Exam Result 2016 – Check Result Online
- SSC Stenographer Exam 2015: A Complete Detail
- SCC Stenographer Syllabus 2016 – Latest UptoDate
|Govt Jobs by State|
|UP Govt Jobs||Haryana||Uttarakhand|
|HP Jobs||Arunachal Pradesh||J&K|
|MP Govt Jobs||Chandigarh||Maharashtra|
|Govt Jobs by Department|
|Bank||Post Office||Police Defence|
|Govt Jobs by Qualification|