Like every year, this year also the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is holding a combined graduate level examination (Combined Graduate Level Tier-I Exam 2016) will held on
8th & 22nd May, 2016 (Postponed in the month of Aug 2016). The SSC combined graduate level examination is popularly known as SSC CGL exam. We will discuss here the latest revised exam pattern and scheme of SSC CGL Exam 2016.
- Tier 1 Exam 2016 Completed (27 August 2016 to 11 September 2016). It was computer based exam. Over 25 Lakh candidates appeared for the exam.
- Qualified candidates will go through Tier II Exam (November 2016).
- The result will come in the month of January 2017 for Tier II exam.
- After that there will be Tier III and Tier IV exam in the month of January 2017.
- The final result will be declared in the month of April 2017.
This exam consists of two levels. The tier I level is to be held on
8th MAY, 2016 and 22nd May, 2016 (Postponed in the month of Aug 2016) and then subsequently the tier II level examination will be held in the month of November 2016. The tier II level examination can only be appeared by candidates who have successfully passed tier I exam. All the candidates who will be successful in the written examination will have to later on appear for an interview or skill test or the computer proficiency test.
The candidates can apply online via online application form provided by the official website www.ssconline.nic.in.
Revised Scheme of SSC CGL 2016 Exam
- Tier-I and Tier-II changed from OMR to computer based test
- Reduced the number of questions from 200 to 100 in Tier-I .
- Introduced Tier III for Descriptive Paper of English & Hindi.
- Tier-I will conduct on 27th August 2016.
- Final merit list will whole depend on the performance of Tier-I, II and II exam.
- But the candidates to qualify tier-I,II & III separately.
- No interview will be held from this year.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
Tier I – Total 200 marks – Time 75 Minutes
- General Intelligence – 50 marks – 25 questions
- General Awareness – 50 marks – 25 questions
- Quantitative Aptitude – 50 marks – 25 questions
- English Comprehension – 50 marks – 25 questions
Number of Vacancies
The number of vacancies for SSC CGL Exam 2016 has not yet been declared by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). But you can expect over 30000 vacancies if we compare 2014 & 2015 notification. However they have decided to declare the number of vacancies for each post before one month of the result declaration. It has been notified that as per the government guidelines there will be reserved vacancies for the ex- servicemen, the scheduled tribes, the scheduled castes, other backward classes and physically handicapped candidates. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately as per the merit list of the reserved category candidates. The allotment of all the seats are as per the preferences given by the candidates and number of vacancies that will be left in each category.
Pay Band & Grade Pay for the posts which interview is prescribed:
Pay Band & Grade Pay for the posts which interview is not prescribed:
The following eligibility criteria will be cleared by the candidates to apply for SSC CGL 2016 Exam. It may change any time after issuing the latest notification. So here is the information based on SSC CGL 2016 notification.
- Age Limit: The age limit as prescribed in the notification by SSC CGL 2016 is not exceeding 26 years for Statistical Investigators, 20 to 27 years for Assistants/Sub Inspectors in SBI and 18 to 27 years for other all posts.
- Qualification: The graduation degree is required to apply exam. For complete detail about the qualification refer official notification. The official notification links are given below under the heading of references.
SSC CGL 2016 Exam Structure/Scheme
There are total 3 tiers in SSC CGL Exam 2016. Tier I and Tier II level examinations are written exams. The tier II level test is objective type having multiple choice patterns. Although the tier I exam test the candidates in four sections – quantitative aptitude, general intelligence and reasoning, English comprehension and general awareness, the tier II examination is mainly based on the quantitative aptitude general English and statistics or economics or mathematics or commerce. A candidate is allowed to appear for the tier II examination only if he or she secures the required cut off marks in the tier I exam. The required cut off marks will be declared by the SSC during the result declaration of tier I examination.
|Tier – I||Written Examination – Objective Type Questions|
|Tier – II||Written Examination – Objective Type Questions|
|Tier – III||Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test/ Document Verfication|
Interview component has been dispensed with. So there is no interview.
Complete Detail About Tier-I Written Exam Scheme:
Note: The statistics paper is compulsory only for the candidates who are going to apply for the posts of Statistical Investigators posts. So, Quantitative Aptitude and English papers are mandatory for all rest of the posts.
Tier – III – Computer Proficiency/Skill Test/Document Verfication: SSC will select some skill test like typing test, CPT physical tests according to the job profile.
SSC CGL 2016 Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the tier II examination is almost the same as that of the tier I exam for the quantitative part and the English section. The syllabus for
- Quantitative aptitude – Work, time and distance Basic algebra, the graphs of Linear Equations, Triangles (which includes Congruence and similarity of triangles) Circles, Heights and Distances, percentages, ratios, profit and loss, averages, simple and compound interests, etc.
- English – voices (active and passive voice), the synonyms and antonyms, Rapid Fillers, sentence corrections, passage based questions etc.
For the statistics or economics or mathematics or commerce section the candidates have to take special preparation as per their academic syllabus of the particular subject.
Important Dates to Apply for SSC CGL 2016 Exam
- The online registration for Part-I starts from 13th Feb, 2016 and close on 10th March, 2016 (5:00 PM). The registration will close on 14th March, 2016 (5:00 pm) for Part -II.
- The exam will conduct on 8th May, 2016 & 22nd May, 2016.
SSC CGL Application Procedure, Application Fee & Online Application Form
The application fee for this exam is one hundred rupees. The procedure to deposit fee is online or offline. The candidates who are interested to apply for the exam should visit the official website of SSC i.e. ssconline.nic.in
References: The following links for the candidates who are serious to apply for SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2015. You must download the official recruitment notification before submitting application form.
Please like to download complete official notification (SSC CGL 2016 Notification Published on 13th Feb, 2016)
SSC CGL Exam 2016 Important Pages
|Govt Jobs by State|
|UP Govt Jobs||Haryana||Uttarakhand|
|HP Jobs||Arunachal Pradesh||J&K|
|MP Govt Jobs||Chandigarh||Maharashtra|
|Govt Jobs by Department|
|Bank||Post Office||Police Defence|
|Govt Jobs by Qualification|