The IBPS SO Exam is one of the most talked about exam in India. Its recognition is widespread because it offers a government job in several key positions and promises a vivid career for an aspiring candidate. However, there are certain guidelines and basic eligibility criteria which a candidate must fulfil in order to stand as a legitimate candidate for selection. Let’s take a look into all those factors. The official notification has issued notification for IBPS SO exam 2016 (Registration starts from 23rd Nov 2015 to 10th Dec, 2015).
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS SO Exam 2016
Age Limit: The fixed age limit of IBPS SO Exam 2016 is between 20 to 30 years (As on 1st Nov 2015). The date from which age would be computed depend on the publication date of official advertisement by IBPS. However, there are certain relaxation given to people belonging to the following categories:
|Ex-Servicemen and people from Military background||5 years|
|Schedule Caste / Schedule Tribe||5 years|
|PwD (Person with Disability)||10 years|
No other form of age relaxation is available for IBPS SO Exam 2016 apart from the ones mentioned above.
Education Qualification: Holding a key position requires a good educational background. Following are the minimum educational qualifications which a candidate should possess for IBPS SO Exam 2016.
|Category (Scale I)||Educational Qualification|
|Law Officer||LLB (Bachelor’s Degree in Law) with Registration as an Advocate with the Bar Council|
|Personnel Officer / HR||Graduation degree with a Post-Graduation degree OR a Post-Graduate Diploma in HR|
|Marketing Officer||MBA or PGDM in Marketing|
|Agricultural Field Officer||Graduation in Agriculture/ Hoticulture/ Animal Husbandry/ Agri Marketing/ or any similar area.|
|Rajbhasha Adhikari||Post-Graduation degree in Hindi with a Graduation degree where English was a subject.|
|IT Officer||Engineering Degree in IT/ Computer Science/ Electronics or similar field OR Post-Graduation Degree in Electronics OR should have passed DOEACC ‘B’ Level|
All the aforesaid degrees should come from a Government Recognized Institute.
Nationality: Candidates who fall under the following categories can apply for in IBPS SO Exam 2016.
- a) An Indian Citizen
- b) Subjects of Nepal and Bhutan
- c) A Tibetan Refugee whose ancestor came to India before 1/1/1962.
- d) People belonging from Ethiopia, Zaire, Kenya, Zambia, Burma, Malawi, Vietnam and Pakistan, who are of Indian origin and are looking forward to settle in India permanently.
Points to Note:
- There are certain important areas which a candidate must acknowledge and abide by. Some of them are listed below:
- Candidates should have a ready score card/ mark sheet of the passed exam at the time of filling up the application form.
- Candidates who are not eligible for the IBPS SO Exam 2016 and have still enrolled themselves in the exam would be automatically rejected, even if they have managed to pass the examination.
- The exam includes payment of an examination fee. For general candidates the application fee is INR 600 and for the people belonging to Quota category the application fee in INR 100.
- People who are applying under the quota category are required to submit a proof of their quota at the time of online application.
- The application for this exam can only be made through the online portal. No other means exist.
IBPS Specialist Officers Important Information
|Govt Jobs by State|
|UP Govt Jobs||Haryana||Uttarakhand|
|HP Jobs||Arunachal Pradesh||J&K|
|MP Govt Jobs||Chandigarh||Maharashtra|
|Govt Jobs by Department|
|Bank||Post Office||Police Defence|
|Govt Jobs by Qualification|